The Valediction Contest, a Flipside contest!
Hosted by [Mister Saint]
Please drop by this wikipage for the contest results.
Main Entry: val·e·dic·tion
Etymology: Latin valedicere to say farewell, from vale farewell + dicere to say
1 : an act of bidding farewell
2 : VALEDICTORY.
I have designed this contest especially for the benefit of some of our 'dark' writers, but it should be fun for everyone. Get your flying shoes on!
The idea of this contest is to write a farewell scene. However, this is no ordinary valediction. We will be writing a farewell scene with some very specific themes, so read this section very carefully!.
Here are the thematic rules for the story. If you do not adhere to these rules, I won't even judge your entry. The idea of this is to help you break away from dark writing, and/or expand your horizons into something you may not have done.
1. There shall be no
killing, death, dying, blood, demons, illness, cutting, or other similar elements in this story.
2. The story is to be a romance.
3. Any genre, any race is okay.
4. Happy ending, happy progression. No tragedies.
5. Be creative! A valediction, in literature, is a farewell speech. Make sure that you imply to where your person is going.
6. The scene must have only two characters.
1. Both poetry and prose are allowed.
2. Submissions must involve the theme.
3. Original work only, please.
4. Spellcheck and grammar check your work. This time, grammar and spelling errors will hurt your entry's score, so check 'em!
5. 400-2000 words prose, or 8-50 lines of poetry.
6. Respect the work of others.
7. The deadline for this contest is January 25th, 2006. Late entries will not be accepted.
8. Content: Submissions should be clean enough for twelve year olds to read. So profanity, gore, and sexual content should be kept to reasonable levels (although if your entry has gore, you aren't winning anyway ^-^).
9. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, adherence to the theme, grammar and spelling, and overall effect.
10. Entries should be in standard paragraph form.
I haven't decided yet.
Please give your username, a link to your story, and a word count if at all possible. For poems, a line count is preferable.
]: 63.Valediction Entry
Word Count - 631
2. [Burning Inside
]: 233.Short Stories.Farewell
If you intend to enter, please place your name in this list. Thanks!
2. [Burning Inside
The Valediction Contest, a Flipside contest, hosted by [Mister Saint], king of the world. Writer/Poet buttons by [Ash], courtesy of WritersCo Graphics. [Mister Saint] will see you in his trailer for the traffic mooning scene.