Page name: Unlazy Poets - Appropriateness [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 2
May 5, 2006:
Updated to be more realistic and less legalistic.
Though Writersco is not a kids' community, there are young teenagers here. In order to keep this place open to them, you should keep certain adult material at a limit. These limits are hard to describe, and legalism is not the way to go in these matters, so use common sense! But here are some obvious ones:
• It isn't allowed. As in racism and discrimination and such.
• Don't swear like an idiot. Only swear when necessary.
• Gratuitous, pornographic descriptions are inappropriate for an audience of youth.
• Works encouraging or glorifying dehumanizing sexual acts (such as rape) are not allowed.
• Overly gratuitous, glorified violence is innapropriate.
The judges reserve the right to disqualify any poem based on these criteria and common sense (the most important tool being common sense).
The Contest Section
|Show these comments on your site|